Time sure does fly… I can’t believe we are on our 5th (and most likely final) cycle using Letrozole. For those of you wondering my exact medications to compare here is what we have been doing each cycle:
- Metformin (750mg 2x per day)
- Prenatal Vitamin (1 tab AM and PM)
- Calcium (2 tabs AM and 2 tabs PM)
- Letrozole (5mg CD 3-10)
- Novarel hCG injection (usually CD 13 or 14 to induce ovulation)
- Estrace (3mg 3x per day starting the evening of Novarel injection)
- Progesterone Suppository (50mg 2x per day after ovulation)
- Low Dose Aspirin (1 tab per day after ovulation)
This week I had an ultrasound to measure my follicle sizes. I had one that was 22.5 mm and one that was 11.2 mm. The largest follicle that I have had in the past at this ultrasound was 18mm. So hopefully this time will work!
Entering this last cycle of Letrozole is a little bitter sweet. A part of me is upset and sad that this has not work for us, but another part of me is ready to move on to what it next for us. We have a meeting with our RE mid-June, so hopefully we will be able to get a plan for what will come next. I am trying to remain positive and hopeful about this cycle, but after the last 4 not working for us, it definitely is a little hard to have faith that this one will work.